WINTER ENRICHMENT 2020
January 6 - February 12
Tina Guarriello and Lisa Muller
WINTER ENRICHMENT SUCCESS!
What an amazing season of Winter Enrichment! This year we offered 19 classes and sold 187 seats. Many of our students are sad that these fun-filled, educational classes came to an end, as such a fun time was had by all!
|Class Name||Day of the Week||Makeup Date(s)|
|Art Exploration: K-2||Monday||2/24 and 3/2|
|Art Exploration: 3-6||Monday||2/24 and 3/2|
|Amusement Park Engineering: 2-5||Monday||2/24 and 3/2|
|Funky Art: K-2||Monday||2/24 and 3/2|
|Game Show Challenge: 4-6||Monday||2/24 and 3/2|
|Beginner Sewing: 4-6||Thursday||3/5|
|Cardboard Club: 2-6||Thursday||2/27|
Registration opens December 9 - 15 for PTO Members,
December 11 - 15 for all East Brook Families
Winter Enrichment is a PTO-sponsored after-school program that offers East Brook students the opportunity to participate in activities and explore special interests during the Winter months.
Enrollment for Winter Enrichment is planned to open in just a couple of weeks. Below please find enrollment information, program details, and volunteer info.
COURSE OFFERINGS AND PROGRAM DETAILS
This year we will be offering 20 classes across all grades from Monday, January 6th through Thursday, February 13th. We have added new courses and vendors to this year's schedule and are excited for some great new options for our students.
Enrollment will open online starting Monday, December 9th through Sunday, December 15th. Below is a timeline of who can and enroll and when.
- Enrichment courses are booked on a first-come, first-served basis... REGISTER EARLY!
- You do not need to be a member of the PTO to enroll your child in a class. However, you must have/create a Membership Toolkit Account to access the online form.
- Courses with low enrollment may be canceled. You will be notified of this cancellation prior to the start of Enrichment, and a refund will be issued.
- We must have an email address that you check REGULARLY. All communications will be sent via email.
- Enrollment in a course after the Enrollment period will result in a $10 surcharge.
- Classes will not be prorated should you enroll after Enrichment has already started.
- Refunds will be given if there is insufficient class enrollment, or if a child drops out before the Enrollment deadline.
- No refunds will be given after the class starts, for missed classes, or if the class is canceled due to reasons beyond the control of ENRICHMENT.
Anyone seeking assistance with the Enrollment process and/or assistance with English- to-Spanish translation can submit a request via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the PTO mailbox in the main office. Please include the following information, and someone will contact you to make an appointment.
Name of Student, Grade/Teacher
Name of Parent
PTO Member (yes/no)
Preferred Day/Time (available Monday or Wednesday, during school hours or after school until 4pm)
CLASSES START JANUARY 6
- Each teacher will have a list of their students who are enrolled in Enrichment classes. Teachers will bring the students to their class (like indoor lineup) therefore you do not need to pick up at 3:20 on days your child is signed up for an enrichment class.
- Pickup is at 4:30 pm at the left/main doors (view course schedule for details). For safety reasons, chaperones must see the parent/guardian in order to release a child.
- Instructors will be made aware of students permitted to walk home will be allowed to.
- Children in the Extras Program will be brought back to Extras after their class.
- Please remind your child that they have Winter Enrichment class and feel free to pack them a nut-free snack.
- If your child will not be attending a class, please notify Lisa or Tina no later than 1:30 pm.
VOLUNTEER TO LEND A HAND
In addition to our course instructors, we will need parent volunteers to lend a hand throughout the program. We will share a sign-up genius for a variety of volunteer opportunities as the date nears, including monitoring hallways, attendance/dismissal helpers etc.
If you are interested in volunteering for a specific day or time, please feel free to reach out to secure a spot. Otherwise, keep an eye out for a formal sign-up soon.
If interested, complete the Parent Instructor FORM by NOVEMBER 8th.
Winter Enrichment is a PTO-sponsored after school program that offers East Brook students the opportunity to participate in activities and explore special interests during the Winter months.
We are currently looking for East Brook Parents/Guardians to volunteer to lead a course for this coming Winter. This program cannot run or be successful without the participation of members of our community.
Sign Up to Volunteer
Have a little time to spare? Sign up to lend a hand... every bit helps!